Author Topic: Schlup - Admin Forum Access  (Read 819 times)

Schlup

• RM Guild Members (and friends)
  • Board Spammer Extraordinaire
  • Offline Offline
Schlup - Admin Forum Access
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:08:06 PM »
Requesting temporary admin access on the forums to add in wowhead tooltip hoverover links, like you find on wowhead. As well as to add youtube embedding functionality.

Experience: I've run SMF forums as master admin of gaming community for 9 years previous to joining the guild.  I know exactly what I'm doing and I've done it before.

Time Required: 1 evening

Reason: To promote more participation of guildies on the forums.  Everytime someone clicks a link out of the forums to watch a video link or to look at an item there's a chance they don't come back.  It also would enhance the graphical interface of the forums which would drive participation and more posting. Adding in the ability to do hover over tooltips for boss abilities in strat discussion forum thread would help move the discussions to another level for more participation and more people knowing the strat and adding their input to strat discussions, all in all allowing us to kill bosses faster.

Nurindun

• RM Guild Officers
  • You do know you'll never be as fat as Janor...
  • Offline Offline
Re: Schlup - Admin Forum Access
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »
Yea, we used to have those before we upgraded SMF 2.x.   Mini just never added them back(didn't know how ?).

Schlup

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:45:49 PM »
We're also a couple updates behind, 2.0.13 currently, I could do that update in a couple minutes.  I'd also be willing to bet that no maintenance has been done on the forums as far as optimizing databases to run faster...ever.  Something I could also do if I was asked, but I won't do those things unless they are requested because they're really not required.

Nurindun

• RM Guild Officers
  • You do know you'll never be as fat as Janor...
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 01:46:07 AM »
Do you have Mini on realID ?   I don't see him much these days but he is the guy to get this from.

Mini

• HMFGIC & Raid Leader
  • Administrator
  • You'll never be as desperate as Elidi...
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 12:48:33 PM »
I think only Phaeth can give admin to do upgrades like that?
one day the world will be ruled by gnomes.

Schlup

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 06:56:23 PM »
How do we contact him?